Monday, July 9, 2012

July 2nd

No Terve!

Is it really the beginning of another week again? I seriously cannot believe how fast time is flying by. Change calls come again this week, and really anything can happen. (Holy cow, this change flew by.) I have a feeling that Sisar Shreeve and I might not be together next change, even though we've only been companions for one change together. But three new sisters will be coming into the country next week, which is the first time we've gotten new sisters in about 6 months...crazy! Pretty exciting.

I can't believe that you're in Utah. All of the elders in my district are giving me a super hard time about it--they tell me that I need to start telling everyone that I'm from Utah now. But although Utah is a great place, Texas will always be home to me. How is everyone adjusting? What's been going on with the move?

And by the time I write next week, Tyler will be in the MTC! I think that's the craziest news I've ever heard. All I have to say is to just enjoy the mtc. It is such a cool place, and you will never have that experience again. I loved loved loved my mtc experience (and I do miss it sometimes!) Such a great place. And Tyler, you are going to make a great missionary. I know that the Lord has great things in store for you in Bolivia. I think it's a great blessing that we will both be out at the same time for a few months. I'm excited for you to come join me in the mission field :)

Well, like I said, this past week flew by. It was kind of a discouraging week in some senses-- lots of teaches fell through. Wasn't our best week numbers-wise. But I've come to learn that the numbers really don't matter all that much :) And they're usually a lot better than we make them out to be anyways. And we had a lot of experiences this week that weren't reflected in our numbers but still led me to believe that we were exactly where the Lord needed us to be, and when he needed us to be there. On one particular night, we were trying to set up some more teaches for the week, and I felt like we should call a particular member, although I didn't really know why. So we called to find out that they were actually in the middle of moving! So we offered to go help, and it was a great service opportunity for us. As we were thinking about a spiritual thought that we might share with them, Sisar Shreeve really felt like we should share a thought about the power of scriptures, and then give them a copy of the Book of Mormon that they could give to one of their friends. As we were there helping them clean their apartment out, the mom asked us something along the lines of "hey, do you know where I could get my hands on a Book of Mormon that I could give to one of my friends?" Well, as a matter of fact we do! It was such a neat experience where we were able to look back and see that the spirit really was leading us every step of the way. I've come to see that that's usually how it works. We just go about our lives, trying to do what's best, and as we look taakse-päin (sorry, sometimes Finnish phrases just make so much more sense... it basically just means that as we look behind us) we notice that our steps were guided.

Well, that's all I've got for you this week. I'll try sending a few pictures.

I love you all :)

Rakkaudella,

Sisar Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment