Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March 5th, 2012

Terve!

That is so cute that Adam says "Rockadella." Before you know it, he'll be bilingual :) Good to hear that everything is going well back home--congrats to Maddy! Mom--I'm glad to hear that your trip to Utah was fun. That Men's Chorus concert sounds awesome. And the P.F. Chang's fortune cookies really are right on-- do you remember the one I got the night before I entered the MTC? It said "You will accomplish great things through hard work this next year."

This past week was absolutely beautiful. Which was perfect because it was my last week in Tampere. (pause for a collective gasp.) Yes, I am leaving my beloved city of Tampere. As sad as I am to leave it, it is being left in very good hands, and i am way excited for the adventure that lies before me in (drumroll please)... HELSINKI!!!! I am being transferred to an area called Haaga. I'll be headed on a train there in about 24 hours or so.

But like I said, this week was great. We found a way solid new investigator, and I'm sad to be leaving her. We also had a great district meeting in Hämeenlinna (the really cool city with the castle--we went there for my very first district meeting here.) So that was really cool-- it was kind of like coming full circle, and it was the perfect way to end my time here in Tampere. Church yesterday was wonderful. Way sad that it was my last time to go to church in that beautiful chapel. But it was great to see all these people that I've come to know and love-- to thank them for my time here and to hear them all wish me good luck :) This ward forever has a place in my heart! (That sounds waaaaayyy cheesy, but it's so true.)

I don't really know what to think about this. Me leaving Tampere is still a very surreal thing. I've been a mix of emotions the past few days. But I think I'm mainly excited. AND-- goodbye winter!!! The snow is melting, it's getting warmer, and the days are FINALLY a normal length again (and they'll keep getting longer and longer until the sun doesn't set! I'm so excited!) Haha, this winter was really difficult for me. The darkness was a lot harder for me than I expected it to be. But it also seemed to go by really fast-- looking back, I kind of think "Wait... that was it?"

Well, I love you all! I'm excited to tell you about my first week in Haaga!

Rockadella,

Sisar Shaw :)

No comments:

Post a Comment