Wednesday, February 8, 2012

January 16th, 2012

Terve!

My goodness, I'm pretty sure everytime I check my email, my entire life changes. There is so much going on right now! So, what are all the plans with the move? Is dad just staying in an apartment until you all get there? Have you looked at houses yet? Robin--thanks so much for sharing your cute story :) I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE PREGNANT! (again!) I'm so excited for you though! But I'm also really selfish, and I'm mainly excited for myself because I not only get one but TWO adorable new little nieces or nephews when I get home :)

This last week was pretty good--nothing too out of the ordinary, but thats how most weeks in missionary work are. I've come to learn that you really need to celebrate the little successes or you will just end up disappointed. Like when I was able to give a Book of Mormon away on a bus--the lady wasn't interested in meeting with us, but she took the book gladly and started reading through it right there on the bus! It was a little miracle, and it's the little things like that that keep me going.

We weren't able to meet with any of our investigators this week, which was of course a disappointment, but we've had a mission-wide goal of 15 lessons per week, which meant that we had to find some other ways to get all our teaches in. We met with several less actives, part-member families and other ward members. One of my favorite parts of it all was when we would sing to the people we visited. I love singing, and from the beginning of my mission I knew that it was a talent that I wanted to put to use as a missionary, although I wasn't sure how. I've really come to love the ward members here. Tampere has come to be "home" for me.

Mom, recently you shared something from an old conference talk by Uchtdorf, and we happened to have that copy of the ensign in our apartment, so I read the entire talk, and I LOVED it. And then I went back through and read all of the other talks in there! I'm not sure if it's because conference talks are the closest thing we get to "entertainment" as missionaries, but I have gained a love for conference talks on my mission. But they really are a great blessing we have from God, and I already can't wait for the next general conference!

Well, we have an exciting week ahead of us. It seems like yesterday when I was packing up and headed to Helsinki for the training meeting as a new missionary, and now I'm packing up and headed there as a trainer! This next week should be a great one; can't wait to tell you all about it!

Rakkaudella,

Sisar Shaw

 What is this car doing in Finland?

 Yes, that's the moon at 4 PM

Winter Sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment