Monday, January 2, 2012

December 12th

Terve!

Thanks for your emails everyone! It was really cute to hear how Adam is saying everybody's names. It reminds me a lot of when Maddy was a baby. The days continue to get colder and shorter... somedays it's cloudy enough that the sun doesn't really rise at all... and it's dark by 3 or 4 now... and it's SNOWING!!! Finland finally looks like a winter wonderland! I love it :)

Also, we got some really exciting news from last week's change calls! I am now writing you from... (drumroll please)... still in Tampere, and still with Sisar Brailsford. But, we will be receiving a new missionary this week and training her together! We're both very excited.

So many great things happened this last week. One of the highlights was itsenäisyyspäivä on Tuesday (Finland's independence day.) We spent the day with some members, and saw probably one of the coolest fireworks displays I've ever seen in my life (no joke!) Our investigator from Albania continues to do really well. The teaches we have with her are always a highlight of my week as well. It is the best feeling to go home from a teach just beaming and feeling on top of the world! It's a feeling that's really hard to capture in words, but it is why I love missionary work :)

Tyler-- what a great experience to go to the MTC to sing! It seriously feels like I was just there yesterday. And now Adam Buys is there!? Weird. Mom, thanks for your thoughts about finding beauty in the midst of difficult things. It is really hard to do, but there really is beauty all around us. Sometimes we just have to look a little harder to find it :)

Well family, I love you!


Rakkaudella,

Sisar Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment