Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween

Happy Halloween!

No, they don't celebrate halloween in Finland, but we celebrated among ourselves as missionaries at our district meeting this week. Our district meeting was in Lahti, and beforehand we ate out at Harald's, which is a really fun, viking-themed restaurant (see attached picture :)). This last week was really good. Pretty emotional, with all of the changes that will soon be taking place, but a good week nonetheless!

So, speaking of changes, Sisar Herde will be leaving me tomorrow morning :( Our ward sang "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" to her in sacrament meeting and we both bawled like babies. Sad, but inevitable. We serve here in Tampere with the Zone Leaders-- Elders Lytle and Esplin. Elder Lytle will be going home with Sisar Herde, and Elder Esplin is leaving to go train a new missionary in Jyväskylä, which leaves me as the only person in Tampere who knows where everything is, the members here, etc. So, I'm sad to see them go as well, but I'm also excited for the new change. The new zone leaders here will be Elders Clegg and Manwaring-- Elder Manwaring was in my MTC district! And my new companion is going to be Sisar Brailsford, who Sisar Herde trained in Oulu right before she trained me! It's kind of fun that now Sisar Herde's two babies are going to be serving together. I have heard nothing but good things about Sisar Brailsford from Sisar Herde, and Sisar Herde thinks we will get along really well together. So tomorrow is going to be really crazy with a lot of comings and goings at the train station, but i have no doubt that once we all get settled in, it will be an exciting transfer ahead of us!

We were able to teach the family that we raked leaves for last night-- and the wife is now an investigator! She seemed a little hesitant, but she was open to it, and I think her husband really wants to see it happen for their family. They have 3 adorable little kids who have already warmed up to us. Being with them is a lot of fun. It's so funny (and a little discouraging) to hear little kids speaking Finnish. I feel like their little 2-year old speaks better than I do! Haha. She certainly understands better than I do; understanding has been the hardest thing for me, but it has improved drastically in the past 3 months.

Anyways, I love you family! Te olette mahtavia!! I haven't counted how many hours of sunlight we have, but daylight savings ending certainly didn't help things-- it was dark before 6 last night! So excited for the winter! (and it still hasn't snowed yet.)

Rakkauddella,

Sisar Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment