Monday, September 5, 2011

September 5 - Week 4

Terve!

Oh, that's right, it would be labor day in the states. I've just been in a different world lately. Every once in a while I have to remind myself "I'm in Europe. I'm in Finland." WEIRD! (but so cool.) Good to hear from you all, as usual. Erica and Maddy, it sounds like you're both doing great things. Did you buy slurpees after you broke your PR? The house must seem a bit emptier with Tyler gone, but I'm sure you girls are loving having your own rooms. Maddy, it's great to hear that you're really into "gospel" songs now. I've been pretty into that too. In fact, as a missionary, it's all I listen to :) Sisar Herde and I discovered this Finnish Christian singer named Edellmann (ehh... not sure how to spell it.) Anyway, he's pretty great. Hymns in Finnish are kaunis!

Mom and Dad-- what an amazing opportunity to return to Colombia! Even in my short time here in Finland, I already hope that I can return to visit someday :) And I would love to stay with a family we helped to enter the waters of baptism--but first we have to find that family! Good to hear you received the letter and picture from President Rawlings. One of the Senior missionaries here asked if you had gotten it, and I said I didn't know. She will be happy to hear that you did :) (and if you want to scan said picture and email it to me, feel free :))

President and Sister Rawlings are two of my favorite people in the world. They are both so filled with light, and you can't help but feel happy and uplifted simply by being in their presence. This last week we had a combined Zone Conference in Helsinki where we were able to listen to them speak. Always an amazing experience. I was able to see my companion from the MTC- Sisar Christoffersen, which was really great, as well as Kyle and Tess' friend Sisar Crowther (who is Sisar Christoffersen's trainer) and a couple of the elders from my district in the MTC. It was a great experience.

On Saturday we had an amazing teach with one of our investigators. We've been struggling with her for a while, wondering how we can teach to her needs. At times it didn't seem like she was progressing, but she's always been willing to continue to meet with us. We've prayed and fasted to know what to do, that her heart would soften and I feel that we may have received our answer. Our investigator asked if it was alright if her mom came to the teach because she was in town. Her mom is a recent convert who lives in Helsinki. Of course we said yes. It was the best thing that could have happened. Having her mom there was a huge blessing, and they both came to church on Sunday! (Which was fast and testimony meeting, and yes, I bore my testimony in Finnish :)) Just before coming to the library to email you guys, we saw our investigator walking down the street, so we hopped off the bus and ran to catch up with her. We walked her to her apartment and talked for a little bit. She was very excited to see us and she asked us when we could meet with her this week! We love her so much, she is a huge blessing to us.

Well, I love you all. I look forward to hearing from you all again next week and telling you more about our exciting adventures as the Lord's servants here in Tampere.

Rakkaudella,

Sisar Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment