Saturday, September 3, 2011

August 29 - Week 3

Terve!

This past week flew by. I can't believe it's P-day again! Hearing from you all was so wonderful. Tyler-- I can't believe you're in college!!! It sounds like you're already having a wonderful experience. Good to hear that choir (might be?) in your plans--you'll have a blast. And, not gonna lie, super jealous that you and Kyle are going to be taking biology together--I still need to take that class! Haha. Oh well, there is no where else on earth I would rather be right now. But definitely let me know how school goes. I'm sure you'll love it.

This last week we had an amazing, humbling experience. We haven't had much success finding yet (although we certainly have hope!) and we decided to start a fast. Immediately after we started our fast, we received a call from the elders here in Tampere. They asked if we were sitting down. Long story short, there's a lady in our area who wants to get baptized and they set a date with her for September 10th! Now, to explain a little more, our first sunday here, one of the members said she had a friend who might be interested. We asked her for her number, but she was reluctant to give it, so instead she asked for ours and said her friend would call us. A week passed and nothing happened. We tried getting a hold of the member, and we didn't see her at church on Sunday--the situation didn't look super hopeful. It turns out that the member gave her friend the wrong number--so she had actually tried calling us! Luckilly, she had the elder's number as well, so she called them and they were able to meet with her. Since she is in our area, the elders are handing her over to us. Words can't describe the joy that Sisar Herde and I felt! It was definitely one of those moments that makes you so grateful to be a missionary. It was so humbling because we didn't do anything-- it really is a complete miracle. But it taught me a great lesson. Miracles come when we do what the Lord expects of us-- so it is in all aspects of our lives, and just as in the case of this story, sometimes the blessings aren't necessarily a direct result of your efforts-- but they undoubtedly come! Sisar Herde and I have been doing what the Lord expects us to do. Sometimes the blessings come after doing what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, whether or not you want to do it.

Well, we have an exciting week ahead of us. We have a combined zone conference on Friday in Helsinki, which we're very excited for! One of the greatest blessings that I have received in my short time as a missionary in Finland is my association with the other missionaries here. It is so humbling to be serving with the people I am serving with. Without exception, the missionaries here are stalwart and amazing! Humbled really is the best word to describe how I feel to be a missionary here.  I am so blessed to have this experience.

I love you all. You guys are awesome & I look forward to hearing from you all next week!

Rakkaudella,

Sisar Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment