Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 6 (July 6)

Terve!
Good to hear you are all having a good time at Bear Lake! Did you see any cool firework shows? On Saturday night, we had the closest thing to a party we'll probably ever have at the MTC. We had a very nice presentation that included music and a keynote speaker, and then we all got ice cream bars and watched the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire (sort of... they were pretty hard to see through the trees of the MTC, but it was cool nonetheless.) It made me wonder how your 4th of July was going. Did Adam get to see the fireworks? Did he like them? Something that I really enjoyed at our 4th of July celebration was when we sang the national anthem. We hardly ever get to sing all 3 verses, so it was really cool to sing them all, especially when we sang:
"Then conquer we must,
when our cause it is just,
and this be our motto:
In God is our trust."
I think it is the perfect anthem for missionaries (I might have butchered some of the words, but the message is really cool.)
I continue to love it here, and I continue to feel like I never get enough sleep. I am truly amazed that I am able to get up at 6:30 every morning and make it till 10:30 every night! It's tough, but it's a lot easier when you know it's for a good cause. When I hear my alarm go off every morning, I think of Nephi's final words: "I must obey, amen." Haha. We had a pretty cool fireside on Sunday. Jenny Oaks Baker came, shared some great spiritual thoughts with us and played her violin for us. She is amazing! I recommend buying her new CD (I think it's called "Then Sings My Soul") She truly has a gift.
We get new Finns today! I'm a "Momma Finn" now! My new companion's name is Sisar Sheeve (I think... I haven't met her yet, but I can't wait to!) It will be nice to have another Finnish sister around... it's been pretty rough with just me and 6 elders the past couple weeks. My elders are great though. I will be sending some pictures in the mail this week (finally!) so you guys can see a little bit of my life here at the MTC. I think you'll enjoy them!
Well, I love you family. (No, minä rakastan teitä, perhe.) I love to hear from you every week. I'm beginning to lose sight of life outside of the MTC, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Before you know it, I'll be in Finland! Crazy, but very exciting to think about!
Sisar Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment